I’m suffering a nasty case of hiatus incertus.
Or, to put it more plainly, I don’t know what to work on next. Do I haul out one of my several WIPs, start something new, or conscientiously but grumpily return to a couple of tricky UFOs I keep shoving to the back of the queue because they’re, well, hard…? When I finish some- thing that’s been intensive and long-term, I always have this trouble. Sudden freedom brings its own burdens. I can work on whatever I like? Well OK! Now… what do I like?
So, here are the options:
• Start assembling the Rainbow ScrapHappy blocks into a quilt by adding sashing round each one, and then get going with QAYG. If I work on this one, I might actually enter it into the quilting section at Mackay Show in June. (No, NOT hand-quilted, I’m not quite that bonkers – yet…)
• Stitch in some more of the giant hexie flowers on the Anemone ScrapHappy quilt. Make some more hexie flowers.
• Decide what to make with the F2F blocks from the last session; there’s enough for a big quilt or a smaller one and some cushions
• Do a whole bunch more hand quilting for the Hatbox Quilt blocks, at least 4 or 5 blocks
• Start something completely new. I have a sneaky little bag containing half a dozen fat quarters and two jelly rolls of a very pretty colour combination that I want to play with but have managed to studiously ignore up to now.
• Oh, and let us not forget that I plan to restart F²F next month, and need to think about what colours I want, and put together a Pinterest board.
You see my problem?
Now, suggestions, please. As always, I’ll consider all possibilities and suggestions and then do my own thing 🙂 But if there are distinct favourites out there, I’d like to hear which ones you favour.
Of course, by the time you read this I might already have taken the plunge into one of them!