Now that the camping trip is fully tidied away and we’ve got our tax return sorted, I’ve been able to start sewing again.
Before I went away, I organised all the blocks for the Ovarian Cancer Stay+ quilt. In a couple of free hours over the last couple of days, I got the top row sandwiched and quilted. I’d have carried on, but I need to cut more batting squares and my worktable was covered with scraps (a story for ScrapHappy day!), so I left it there for now. There are 5 rows of 5 blocks, so I’m thinking I’ll be able to get this done fairly quickly.
Originally, I’d thought of quilting each one with a + sign, but there are blocks where that design simply won’t work, so I’m working on the principle that whatever occurs to me when I start is what the block is getting! The blocks in the 4 corners will probably get + signs, and I think the big dark teal + sign formed by the central horizontal and vertical blocks will get wiggly lines. Apart from that, I will review the size of the block and tailor the quilting to that, since some are the right size and some are a little scant.
And I’m sewing a little slower than usual because I have a sore elbow. Imagine you banged your funny bone, and it carried on hurting and tingling; it’s like that, but my nice doctor says it’ll go away in its own time, once the nerve recovers.
Hope I don’t run out of quilting design ideas before I run out of blocks… 🙂