Seriously making up for lost time here…
I’ve finished the right hand Dresden Plate border, and both left and right borders are now attached to the central ‘tea table’ panel, using the pale teal with cream spot I mentioned in an earlier post.
The top and bottom edges of the tea table panel will also be bordered like this, when I get there.
Also completed, but not shown yet, are two of the Dresden Plate blocks for the top row. The other three are batched up and sandwiched with batting and backing, ready for me to start quilting them. It’s so, so much easier doing it this way. I can cut a bunch of back panels, a load of batting squares, press the fronts and sandwich them together in about the time it takes to fully quilt one block.
I haven’t yet run out of different ways to quilt each individual block. There’s only one repeat at present: the two large coffee pots have the same wavy line quilting because I feel it suits the blocks best. Everything else is different.
I quilted the second of Viv’s two dresden plate blocks yesterday, and stopped to think about her as I did so. I think they may perhaps have been the last pieces of patchwork she ever made… Unfailingly kind to the end, Viv. Good thoughts, good words, good deeds.
Tomorrow, I’ll finish the top Dresden Plate border.