The top of the Corporal’s quilt is done.
I gave myself a whole heap of trouble when I decided to have the RAAF motto and roundel at the top and initials at the bottom. 20 different appliqué elements – what was I thinking? ‘Per ardua ad astra: Through adversity to the stars’ indeed… Only on this quilt, the stars came first and the adversity followed!
A day off sewing to fill a bakery order (Oh no! More cake…), and then I can look at getting the sandwich done. I’m going to use a blue and white checked flannelette for the back – the same stuff as I used for the Husband’s Truck Quilt. It makes it nice and cosy, and I have the fabric already so there’s
sadly no need to expose myself to the temptation of going to my LQS, where there’s a new fabric line in stock I want to check out. Must…Not…Buy…Fabric…
You’ll be glad to learn that I got through the whole day yesterday without pricking, cutting,burning or otherwise injuring myself. No cake required… 😦