Apparently, I’m doing OK in the blogosphere.
I’ve been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by the very kind My Watering Can, whom you can find here. Thank you so much for this nomination, and I’m very happy to accept. Of course, this means that I have to nominate 15 other bloggers (first making sure they aren’t already Very Inspiring…), and tell you something about myself. I started this blog as a sort of diary. In a few months, it’s become a habit, a confessional, a forum for sharing ideas and asking for information, for offering images, recipes, poems and opinions. If anything I say or do inspires someone else to do something, it’s a minor miracle, and I take no credit! I’m having a ball, and invite you to do the same.
So, for my nominees, here’s the homework:
1) Thank the person who nominated you for this award (whilst secretly cursing them, if appropriate. Emphasis on secretly)
2) Include a link to their blog (if you don’t know how, it’s the little chain symbol next to alignment in the toolbar).
3) Select 15 blogs/bloggers whose work you find inspiring. They can be new finds or blogs you follow regularly. Show links to their blogs. (I haven’t been blogging long enough to be able to pick 15 who don’t already have this award, so I’m going with what I have. It’s not a disaster, the rule is just a guideline…)
4) Insert the Very Inspiring Blogger Award logo into your blog. See below for easy how-to instructions
5) Tell everyone 7 interesting things about you.
And the nominees are…
7 Moderately interesting things about me:
- I read very fast, which is great for acquiring knowledge, but it also means new books don’t last long.
- My favourite fruit is the mango. Good job I live in the tropics, then…
- I got married for the first time at 52. Now, nearly a year later, we still haven’t managed a good argument.
- I’d rather back down for the sake of peace in the house than be right at any cost
- I used to have 3,000 square metres of land, sheep, rabbits, chickens and a huge vegie garden. Now I have a tiny back yard with impoverished soil. One day it WILL be a lush tropical paradise.
- I’ve beaten cancer. For now, anyway.
- My favourite colour is turquoise.
How to add the logo to your blog:
Google it and find a logo you like for your blog. Or you can copy the one I used. Put it in your library. Copy the URL it gives you when you’ve done so. Go to Appearance, scroll down to Widgets. Drag the Image widget to the menu on the right, place it wherever you want the logo to appear (it’s in order of appearance). Give the widget a title (Awards, VIBA, something like that). Paste the URL into the field at top and bottom where it asks for it. Save it. The logo should now appear like magic in your sidebar.
Go forth and spread the joy. With a side order of homework.