Yup, it’s my turn to do the homework for the Dearest Award – The Liebster…
First, I have to thank the Belmont Rooster (aka Lonnie) for the nomination. BR, love your work, enjoy your posts, Like you every single time… There is no way I’ll be able to be as thorough, complete and generally stellar about my response, but as a 2 month old blogger, I’ll do my best. Thank you for nominating me.
Next, I need to post the Liebster logo. Here you go. I’ll have to insert it somehow into my sidebar. Maybe by the time I finish this post I’ll have worked out how to do that. I’ve chosen the one whose colour scheme goes with my theme. Yes, I’m detail-oriented. No, I don’t want hearts or pink, thank you.
Then it’s time to tell you 5 things about me. So here goes:
1) I own thousands of books.
2) I’m anal about good grammar and spelling
3) I have a very sharp sense of smell
4) I’m allergic to horses
5) You couldn’t pay me enough to live in a big city again.
And now to respond to BR’s questions. If you’re not rigid with boredom by this point, well done, grit your teeth, there’s not much more to plough through!
1) Why did you start blogging? Hmm. Well, I’d been writing the equivalent of a weekly blog to keep friends and family overseas and far away up to date with my doings. I tried to stop several times, but there was a bit of an outcry. So eventually I throught I’d give the public blog thing a crack. It gave me the opportunity to post photos, blether on about the stuff that interested me and a huge choice of nice templates to work with!
2) What do you like the most about blogging? It’s an outlet for my unstoppable urge to write. And I really enjoy reading comments and feedback from other people. Why doesn’t everyone comment all the time? I mean, if you like what you read, say so! Even if you don’t comment, it’s nice to Like…
3) What inspires you to continue blogging? Life, the universe and everything.
4) What is your favorite time of the year? The Dry. As opposed to the Wet. We don’t have 4 seasons here. Just hot and fairly dry, and even hotter and very, very wet. Like, torrential. So, yes, the Dry. April to October
5) What do you look for when deciding to follow a blog? Entertaining writing, photos, common interests, inspiration, warmth, and fellow feeling. I can admire serious stuff, political correctness, rants and subjects I have no particular interest in, but I wouldn’t follow them.
6) When deciding to start a blog, what made you choose WordPress? I have a niece who’s been blogging with WordPress for quite a while. I also had a look at the competition, and settled on WordPress because I like how easy it is to use, and because it has really nice templates.
7) How important is it to you for other bloggers to make comments and “Like” your blog? I think it’s good manners. Otherwise it’s a bit weird, isn’t it? You’ve taken the trouble to click on the blog, why not let the writer know you like what they have to say? Or not, as the case may be. They’ve spent time crafting the post, maybe taking photos. Just dipping in and dropping back out when you’ve read it fails to acknowledge their effort. I try to make a point of finding something to say each time, especially with someone I’m following.
8) How important is it to you to gain more followers? It’s not the most important thing… It’s nice when people like what I’ve written enough to follow me so they can read the next thrilling instalment, but it’s not why I write.
9) What do you hope other bloggers to gain from your blog? Amusement. Insight. Empathy. Encouragement. Interest. Information.
10) Thank goodness this is the last one! Do you think these questions are dumb? Nope. Do you think my answers are?
And now, the toughest part of the whole deal. The next lot of nominations….
That’s going to have to wait for another day, as there’s a bit of research and emailing to do first.
Till the next time